Summary
Three gang members of south London
gang GAS, Nathaniel Grant, Anthony McCalla and Kazeem Kolawole, have been
jailed for a total of 45 years for shooting and paralyzing a five-year old
girl.
The three gang members were
chasing down one of their enemies down the street when they ran into the
five-year-old Thusha Kamaleswaran. The bullet hit the spine of Thusha,
paralyzing her just below the chest, which is a permanent condition.
Judge Martin Stephens said the
threesome were certain to kill the night Thusha was shot and added that it was “an
exceptional case of the utmost gravity.”
Own Opinion
I can’t understand how a human
being could do something like this. Shooting a five-year-old girl and
paralyzing her disgusts me. Her permanent condition will remind her every day
what happened, even after 45 years. I am glad the police caught the three who
are responsible for this and that the court judges sentenced them to a total of
45 years in jail. The article doesn’t
say, but I hope the gang members were confronted with what they did to Thusha
and that it makes them rethink their “gang-lives”.
URL
http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/apr/19/gang-members-shooting-thusha-kamaleswaran
Wow, that is a very heavy article. Your summary is very clear and your opinion also. I looked up the article and I saw the offenders are only just out of their teenage-years. For next time I would include that. Overall it is a very good and interesting blog :) Keep up the good work
BeantwoordenVerwijderenI think you expressed your thought on this article very well. It is a very tragic story, and I am glad that the police caught the 3 guys who are responsible for this devastating accident. Good article choice.
BeantwoordenVerwijderenGood point Rianne. It does add extra information to the summary of the article.
BeantwoordenVerwijderenThank you both for the feedback.