woensdag 13 juni 2012

Seven injured in violent machete attack at school

Summary
1996:     Seven injured in violent machete attack at school
Four adults en three children were violently attacked by black man with a machete in Wolverhampton. Emergency services received reports about the attack and arrived within minutes. The police have established the attacker to be black with a beard. Eyewitness Balbinder Bains was waiting to pick up his child. He states: “The guy jumped over a two foot fence into the kindergarten play area and just started hacking anybody and everybody. He was completely out of control.” Mr. Bains and another man chased the attacker away. The injured children and adults were transferred to New Cross Hospital. Nobody is critically injured but some have severe head injuries.

Own Opinion

I think this is a very serious matter. People are crazy and this shows how crazy they can be. I hope everyone who got attacked will overcome their injuries and completely heal. I also think that this shows that schools do need some sort of surveillance or protection against lunatics. Mr. Bains and the other man who chased the attacker away should be rewarded for their awesome bravery. Their quick action and decisiveness may have prevented the attacker from causing more causualties.

URL: http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/hi/dates/stories/july/8/newsid_2496000/2496685.stm

2 opmerkingen:

  1. violently attacked by [a] black man.

    It will be kind of hard to put some sort of protection on/at every school in the world? Agree with the last part of you opinion though. Well done

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. I agree with your opinion actually, I think schools DO need some kind of protection, I'm not saying they should be guarded by the Royal Air Force, but maybe some kind of fence. Security cameras could also be an option, especially at night (could scare the thieves away).

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen